Author Profile

Tags

Advertisement

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's.

Random Posts

Ads Section

Most Recent

2/sidebar/recent
This is a premium alert message you can set from Layout! Get Now!

Random Posts

3/random/post-list

Facebook

Subscribe Us

Comments

3/comments/show

Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Most Popular

Screen Quality; S20 vs S20+ (and TOF Camera)

Add a review

Descriptions

So, I've been testing the S20 and S20+ extensively against each other at my local Samsung store, since there's relatively little practical information about their specific differences online (beyond the specs).

To my relatively untrained eye (I have very good detail perception and work in media but haven't been trained in screen optimisation specifically), it seems like the S20 is slightly brighter than the S20+, and that the S20+ is slightly more colour accurate than the S20 (though that could just be slightly more of a blueish white balance, which I perceive as more accurate than the more noticeable yellowy white balance).

Both phones were tested with identical settings, with both Hz settings, and in FHD as well as UHD, on identical app comparisons and YouTube video tests in FHD, UHD and HDR.

Has anyone else that has done similar tests noticed the same thing?

I wasn't able to notice the pixel density difference at all, if anyone else has been able to notice it, any information about that would be interesting.

I've pre-ordered the S20+, but I'm considering downgrading to the S20 before the official launch date.

On a side note, is there any real use for the TOF camera? I'm assuming that as a filmmaker there'll be apps I can use it with for things like MoCap, but tbh I haven't been able to find much practical information about it online...

submitted by /u/NewYorkImposter
[link] [comments]

Similar Products

6596622801192824834

Add a review